Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Post 9

children in a classroom

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung
I thought this was a great post to read.  Mr. McClung writes about things that he learned in his first year of teaching, such as how to read a crowd, being flexible, communication, being reasonable, not being afraid of technology, listen to your students, and lastly never stop learning.  He wrote about how he went into teaching with one mind set and as the year progressed that mind set changed.  I thought he made great points throughout the article such as remembering to read your crowd.  He writes "in order to be effective you have to be able to let your audience drive your instruction".  I think that is something for us to remember as future educators because I know personally I get kind of focused on how my lesson plans look on paper.  This goes hand and hand I think with his topic on being flexible.  Like Mr. McClung wrote we all want the perfect lessons but it does not always work out that way.  Sometimes we will need to go with the flow of the class an make adjustments as we go.  I thought all of his topics were great and it is probably something that I will go back to read a couple of times over the next year and a half.  We can always use good advise sometimes. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Shaska,

    A number of very important tips are offered in this article! I like how you, in a way, related all of Mr. McClung's points back to one another. And like you mentioned, it's definitely something that will be useful to look back on in the future.

    Keep up the good work!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete