Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog Post 13

ALEX icon

ALEX
The Alabama Learning Exchange, also known as ALEX, is basically a one-stop place for educators and administrators to find all kinds of educational materials. Educators are sharing there knowledge on this site with others to hopefully help the students of Alabama. ALEX is accessible for everyone to use. You can simply go to the website and have access to lesson plans, web links, and other useful materials for different subject areas. This site covers all of the core curriculum areas while still incorporating technology into things. One of the best parts in my opinion is that everything on the ALEX website is within the Alabama state standards.

Some of the resources available on the ALEX website is lesson plans, courses of study, web links, podcast treasury, personal workspace, and professional learning. In the lesson plans section you simple choose your curriculum, grade level and any keywords your looking for and click the display results button. A number of lesson plans are right at your finger tips in a matter of seconds. The courses of study resource is something that is very similar to the lesson plans icon. All you have to do is choose the curriculum and the topic that your looking for and scroll through to find what you need. This allows you to see standards and lesson plans that fall into that category. It also provide you access to web links if there are any available. The personal workspace is something that you could use to for storing and submitting lesson plans and teacher web pages. The podcast treasury section gives you access to a number of different podcast in all different subject areas. All you have to do is choose which one you would like to watch and listen to.

I think personally that the Alabama Learning Exchange is something that I will be using during my teaching career. I think this website is useful to all educators but especially new educators. This will help me get different ideas to use in the classroom, as well as see what others are already doing in there classroom. I love the that if I am having problems coming up with an idea for a topic that I can simply go to this website for help. At the touch of a key I can obtain a number of web links, podcast, lesson plans that go with the state standards, and much more. I am happy that I now know about this site I am sure I will be using it in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment