Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog Post 5

blogger symbol with headphones

Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog
I really enjoyed this podcast given by a group of third graders.  In this podcast they took turns talking about different things in Rome such as the architecture, history, Ceaser, and Cleopatra.  The thing that I enjoyed most was that they presented it as a radio station.  I thought this would be a great idea to use in my own classroom one day.  After each large section of material covered the class could do a podcast on what they had learned.  To do it a radio station theme would make it fun for the class.  I think this would give me a good chance to see the information the students know and didn't know.

The Benefits Of Podcasting In The Classroom
I learned a lot from this podcast.  I liked how the principal said at the end that a podcast is more geared to project based learning.  I think personally students get more out of that type of learning.  I liked the idea of how podcast can help student in many different areas.  I thought it was interesting that you could download your class podcast to itunes and they would be assessable to your class.  I now know it would be a great way to keep the parents involved and up to date of what is going on in the class.  Until this week I never really even knew what a podcast was, but now I see all of the areas it could become useful in the classroom.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
This helped me a lot.  I knew how to record onto audacity but I could not figure out anything from there.  This helped me know what I need to do to create and publish a podcast.  I will defiantly be using this site in the future for further questions I might have.

2 comments:

  1. Shaska,

    I still can't get over how much I learned about podcasting from a classroom full of kids! Their format was excellent, and they did a great job at informing the listener about their topic. I also love that you're a fan of project-based learning!

    Great post!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shaska,

    I learned a lot about podcasting from doing this blog post assignment as well. I am far from being fluent in creating my own podcasts, but I do see the educational appeal of using them. I hope to learn more as I progress toward becoming an educator.

    Kevin White

    ReplyDelete