Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post 1

Shaska,Lance,and Poseidon

Hello Everyone!

My name is Shaska Crabtree, and this is my second semester attending here at the University of South Alabama. I am an Elementary Education major, and I will be graduating in the Fall of 2012. I am very excited about the profession I have chosen and I hope I will be able to make a difference in a child's life one day.

I am the next to the youngest sibling out of five; I have three brothers and a sister. I grew up in Ocean Springs, MS. I have moved eight times in the last eight years. Last year my husband Lance, myself, and our Black Labrador Poseidon all moved to Fort Worth, TX for my husband's graduate school, which now has brought us to Mobile for his clinical rotations. I say everything happens for a reason. I do not know where I would like to work when I am finished with school, but I do know it would probably be by the water.

I love anything that pretty much involves outdoor activities. Running is my true passion though; I have been a runner since I was in the seventh grade. I hope to complete my first half marathon or full marathon this year. I think there is nothing better in the world though than being on the beach with my husband and my dog.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shaska,

    I personally think it is great that you want to teach in an elementary school, however I don't think I could handle the younger children. I also can't even fathom running a marathon. Running up and down a basketball court, or around the bases on a baseball field is plenty enough for me. I hope, for your sake, that your moving days are over. Eight time in eight years just sounds tiring.

    I'm looking forward to this semester and I hope you do well in EDM310.

    Michael Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shaska thanks for your kind words on my profile, and i see we have something in common this is my 2nd semester here at South as well.I am also the baby out of my family, and like you i love outdoor activities. I hope you and your husband finds a nice place to raise a family out by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight places in eight years! Wow! At least you don't have as much "accumulated stuff" as I have. Moving that often makes it impossible.

    Welcome to USA! Stay a while!

    ReplyDelete